Monday, October 27, 2014

Swansea...Reminiscing the good old days



 Swansea may not be a place where people are familiar with, but its the place where I grew up with my family..my dad took his masters degree and PHd here so practically its like 6 to 7 years I lived there...my mom told me that I flew there when I was just 1 month old just as she finished her confinement period..ayah had me at a very young age..two kids at the age of 26? and look at me 25 not even married yet haha..ok menyimpang cerita...

Me and aiman only managed to make a day trip there and luckily amira had a friend whose studying there and willing to play tour guide for us...so we bought the ticket earlier in London for about 6pounds return..when we first arrived at the bus station, we were greeted by Ruslan Aiman, third year student in Swansea University, our tour guide of the day...luckily he had no class on Thursday so he managed to take us through the small city, around campus and around our school that was nearby the campus...

the city town is very small since its population is not that large so its kinda like uxbridge (london) town divided by 4..

I don't quite recall the history of this old remaining piece of fortress but its located near the city town

swansea is really windy..so mind the messy scarf..nyesal tak pakai shawl

this is leisure centre..a place where ayah always brought us for swimming



sorry I can't recall the exact name of this place...ala2 puteri harbour kat JB tu... (tu la lambat2 sangat post kat blog tu dah berkarat memori)
I simply love this view!!
clean, cool, calm and breathtaking!!


Then after taking a stroll along the city we took a bus to Swansea University..Ruslan said that we were suppose to pay about 2pounds per ride but we got lucky because there was no one in charge that time...so  here's around campus... I really like the whole view of it...really reminiscing the old days where I would accompanied ayah at campus...I did not know a clue what ayah was doing that time but all I know is playing around the campus hallway heee...

this is building where the Malaysian students would take annual pictures for special occasions such as Eid.. penat aku scroll pics fb mama tapi tak jumpa gak pic lama tahun 1993 tak silap

this is the only picture that I managed to "steal" from mama's facebook...too easy to spot me kan ..yeap the same building 20 years ago...


the campus cafeteria..the best thing is its meat are halal!! untung student muslim kat sini...

the administration building

ha sebelah aiman ni lah ruslan aiman...tapi tak nak confuse punya pasal..kitorang panggilah dia lan...tourist guide yang penuh informasi heee

The park where most students would have picnics during summer 

around campus...


imagine waking up everyday with this kind of view from your room...subhanAllah indahnya kann..baru senang nak belajar...view from lan's room..yang skeptical tu jangan nak fikir bukan2 pulak..kitorang bertiga naik sebab diajak dan lan nak gi amek barang jap...

Then..from campus, just a five minute walk we reached our old rental house , Langland Terrace.. seriously, I didn't recall that the house was located in front of the beach..that explains the strong wind everytime we walk to school...


arghh!!this house brings back so much pleasant memories



see I tell ya our house is located right in front of the beach... and also explains the extreme slopes around here..

and then..just a two minute walk, we reached our old school here..Brynmill Primary School...yeay!! I think everything looks exactly the same from outside..we wanted to go for a tour inside but unfortunately  the staff in charge is only available at 5p.m and we have to catch our bus at 5.30pm..aww such a bummer...but being here only is just enough for me...alhamdulillah I can finally tick that to-go-list off... 

the place we stood is where the students have their daily assembly before entering their classes..also the same place where students would play everytime after lunch hour







 

 


yeah sorry about the whole  "I posted too many pics here thing"...I got too excited


And after a whole day walking..ruslan took us to a halal buffet lunch called "peach&keen" (I think I got that name wrong) and honestly there is so much choices of food you can choose from chinese to italian, indian and so much more..ini kalau 5 jam pon aku rasa lom tentu dapat rasa semua...as a token of gratitude, lan's bill was on us.. thank you for being our tour guide yea..oh and thank you jemput kami datang rumah makan2 masa hari raya ritu heee...budak melawati je pon kan haha...belum puas lagi nak round swansea tu...insyaAllah kalau ada rezeki memang nak kesana lagi...

So in short (short ke??) here's bits and pieces to end this post


what I managed to grab along the way..chocolates!! oh except for that shortcake I bought it at Bristol
the beach. right in front of langland terrace










macam biasa gambar acah2 candid harus ada










this thing is so cool because its a speaker where you can just place your cell phone on top of that thing..no wires needed..and the price...pehhh!! but I didn't bought it though :(



swansea is located in Wales so most of every signboards or announcements there will be two versions of it..english and welsh..so  yang korang nampak sebutan yang macam berbelit lidah nak sebut tu thats swansea university in welsh...believe it or not..I was once the best student in class for welsh language...sekarang? kejadah hape pon tak ingat..english pon grammar berterabur je...







No comments: